A. General Conditions
- Abstracts are required for all oral presentations and posters.
- Abstracts must be submitted by 1 March 2024, 23:59 CET.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Accepted abstracts may be published on the conference website and in the programme book. By submitting an abstract you consent to giving NOBIS permission to publish your abstract.
- Withdrawal of abstracts can only be accepted if notified in writing and subsequently confirmed by the NOBIS Symposium Secretariat. It is only possible to withdraw an abstract until 14 days after notification on acceptance.
B. Presenting author and registration
- The presenting author must register as a participant for the full symposium at the latest 14 days after acceptance of an abstract
- Failure to register shall not be regarded as an automatic withdrawal of your abstract. Withdrawal of an abstract can only be made by writing to the Secretariat – see item A.5 above
- NOBIS reserves the right to exclude any abstract from the scientific programme that is not followed by a participant registration.
C. Contents of your abstract
- The abstract word limit is max. 250 words per abstract excl. title, authors and affiliations.
- The title should be as brief as possible but long enough to clearly indicate the nature of the study. No full stop at the end of the title
- No identifying features such as names of authors, hospitals, medical schools, clinics or cities may be listed in the title or abstract text, as a “blind” review process will be used. You will be asked to enter the name(s) of author(s) and their institution(s), when you submit your abstract online
- All abbreviations must be defined in first use. Statements such as “results will be discussed” or “data will be presented” cannot be accepted.
- Use of brand names: For all references to products or companies, generic names must be used. The brand name can be inserted as a reference at the bottom of the abstract page. Papers containing brand names/company names in the abstract text (i.e. not in a reference at the bottom of the page) may be rejected for this reason only. NOBIS reserves the right to replace any brand name with a generic name without further notice
- The Committee will review the abstract
- Notification of acceptance or rejection of the abstract will be sent to the submitter during March 2024.
- It is the responsibility of all submitters that all studies are performed with respect to national legislation, international legislation and ethical guidelines both with regards to humans and animals. The Committee reserves the right to reject any submitted abstract that is believed to violate these principles.
- Please verify that your email address (submitter and presenting author) is correct as it will be used for contacting you after the review process
- The Committee reserves the right not to give detailed information as to why an abstract is rejected.
For all enquiries regarding abstracts and speakers, please contact the NOBIS Symposium Secretariat at: email@example.com